What is Missile Command?Name:
2 - Players and SpectatorsPlayers:
This is the closest you'll get to playing real Missile Command--in StarCraft!
Make missiles from Starport and aim by setting rally points. Enemies come quicker
as you kill more.Features:
- Missile Command emulated enviroment
- Easy-to-play missile firing system
- Three types of missile (new)
- Open-source [unprotected] map
- Fit to StarCraft game-screen 20x15, no scrolling needed
- Triggers commented and explained
- Simple and configurable triggers to affect difficulty
- Detailed and storied briefing in and out game
- Synchronized sound effects
- Support for 1 player solo or 2 players co-opCommentary:
This is a continuation of my Blast Furnace
map. Created in less than two days,
the swiftness of the project was thanks to the StarCraft engine, and morale support
from my friend Kejardon.
I first had to idea on how to create solely missiles that players can shoot. The concept
derives from the fact that units still moves even if they are given to another player.
So this allows the creation of non-controllable missile, but can be aimed. Obviously
with the knowledge of the classic arcade game, I put this concept to StarCraft reality.
I have seen only one map that ported MC, but it was about building bases, and the
missiles are launched in one direction--a one dimensional gameplay. Because Starport
Command is played without scrolling the map, and you can aim it through all
directions, I believed that this map is the closest (or almost) it can get to completely
emulating the original.
If you're interested on how I pulled it off, just open the map with SCMDraft or
StarForge (The map has stacked buildings).
Bug reports and suggestions are welcomed.Download Map Here